You should try this super moist and delicious red velvet cupcakes. It has perfect balance taste and it’s not super sweet like some other recipes I’ve tried.
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 oz red food coloring
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened at room temperature (do not melt)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a large bowl mix together sugar and oil until well combined.
- Beat in eggs until mixture is uniform in color.
- Add in buttermilk, vanilla extract and food coloring.
- Mix until well combined.
- Mix in hot water and distilled vinegar.
- Add flour.
- Mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and add to bowl.
- Add in cocoa powder.
- Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into each liner.
- Bake to 18-20 minutes or until tops are spongey to the touch. (do not over cook. SEET NOTE*)
- Remove from oven and let cupcakes sit in pan for 5 minutes.
- Place cupcakes on a cooling wrack to finish cooling.
- Make the frosting by creaming together cream cheese and butter. Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat until creamy.
orig. recipe here